Monday, April 27, 2009

With Roots Above and Branches Below


THE DEVIL WEARS PRADA HAS A NEW ALBUM! With Roots Above and Branches Below was leaked online for their fans to download. I'm not sure if they did it themselves or what because I got the burned CD from my boyfriend who got it on Torrents. I have no idea what that is. Anyway, TDWP's album was supposed to be released May 5th. With Roots Above and Branches Below is definitely not as good as Plagues or Dear Love: A Beautiful Discord. I think they all kind of sound the same, except for Louder Then Thunder, a slower song that I've never heard come out of them. Dez Moines is my favorite from that album because it is, sorry to say, one of the only ones that sounds different than the rest. I still love TDWP and I really like this album, but I must say, their old stuff is better.

3 comments:

  1. Well when you think about it every band today have been selling themselves out meaning that they are just making more albums just to gain money, a good example of this would be Metallica with their release of Death Magnetic. Which to me is their only album that can be considered a sell out.

    I'm not a huge fan of TDWP but I did listen to their old stuff and their new stuff to make a comparison and sadly I can say that they sold themselves out in this album and whoever is a fan of this band and buys it is almost as guilty as the fans that are buying Death Magnetic and Black Ice by AC/DC which are also sell out albums.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like their new stuff a lot better.
    It's more constructed and stable and their not just putting every good type of music up in a blender and pressing ice crush.
    It's good music, finally, from a band I used to think was nothing but sell-outs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. BIG WIGGLY STYLE.
    OBSESSION.
    JUST SAYING.
    OK BYE.
    JUST SAYING.

    ReplyDelete