Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Punk Goes Pop Vol. 2

Punk Goes Pop Vol. 2 was released on Tuesday. All the songs were released last week on mtv.com and my little brother's friend's brother somehow burned me the CD, so I got it to enjoy a week early! The Punk Goes series includes bands who do covers of songs of different genres. Punk Goes Pop 2's discography is listed below:

1. Alesana- "What Goes Around..." (Justin Timberlake)
2. Silverstein- "Apologize" (One Republic)
3. August Burns Red- "...Baby One More Time" (Britney Spears)
4. Mayday Parade- "When I Grow Up" (Pussycat Dolls)
5. A Day to Remember- "Over My Head (Cable Car)" (The Fray)
6. Escape the Fate- "Smooth" (Santana feat. Rob Thomas)
7. There For Tomorrow- "Ice Box" (Omarion)
8. Chiodos- "Flagpole Sitta" (Harvey Danger)
9. Bayside- "Beautiful Girls" (Sean Kingston)
10. Breathe Carolina- "See You Again" (Miley Cyrus)
11. The Cab- "Disturbia" (Rihanna)
12. A Static Lullaby- "Toxic" (Britney Spears)
13. Four Year Strong- "Love Song" (Sara Bareilles)
14. Attack Attack!- "I Kissed a Girl" (Katy Perry)

My favorites are Alesana's cover of Justin Timberlake and Mayday Parade's cover of The Pussycat Dolls (what you're listening to). All the other ones are really good too. I'm obsessed with this CD. I feel that some of these songs were made for the bands to cover. Listen to some of them on www.myspace.com/punkgoespop2

Alesana - What Goes Around vvvv

2 comments:

  1. My best friend came to my house and downloaded most of these songs, when I heard these songs I was amazed. I think it's safe to say that most of the covers are better than the originals. I love Toxic by A Static Lullaby and Flagpole Sitta by Chiodos. AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the cd too, I'm a huge fan of chiodos so flagpole sitta's obviously played alot at my house. my favorite is definately smooth by escape the fate. it's the best ^^

    my favorite thing about this cd is that unlike my other cds (like, hollywood undead...) they don't have any 'innapropriate' language in them. so i can play my music with small children and adults in the room. it's the best!

    ReplyDelete