Sunday, March 8, 2009

Britney Spears!


Last night was her concert with the Pussycat Dolls at the American Airlines Arena. It was so so so so so good. I had a lot of fun. The line to get in was all the way out to the middle of the streets and the arena was completely full. When you walked in, on a screen in the center of the stage was a number you can text and what you text them can show up on the screen, two of mine got on it. I found that very exciting. When the Pussycat Dolls came on, I think I found the meaning of "trashy". They performed very well, but oh boy, they can't go anywhere without their stripper poles huh. When Britney finally came out it was complete madness. There was a recording shown on a screen of a transvestite man who was introducing her for what felt like twenty minutes, building up suspense for her comeback. She opened with her single "Circus". I was happy to see that she also played her old songs, but the only thing I could think of was how this came out when I was in elementary school. When she played "Hit Me Baby One More Time", I think that was the loudest the cheering got. I really cannot get over how great that concert was. Usually I don't go to shows like this, but I had to make an exception for my childhood idol. I love Britney Spears, she'll always be amazing.

3 comments:

  1. As T-Stock would say, Britney Spears has been "corporatized." She used to be innocent little teen idol then all of a sudden she included the art of dancing on a stripper pole to her music. I don't know what it is but something about her music makes me really grumpy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The concert was awesomeeeee omg! everytime I hear her CD i get goosebumps haha well anyways its true about her being all slutty and stuff! I miss the old Brit:( when i used to put my hair in piggy tails just like her haha. well that's all i have to say oh and plus the pussycat dolls were good too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea I agree. Britney Spears is supposed to be an idol but the way that she dresses and the way she acts it's a really bad influence for younger audiences. She has transformed from a good idol to a negative one. I disagree with the way she acts

    ReplyDelete