Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Green Day is coming back!


Green Day has leaked a few tracks from their new album coming out on May 15th. Their new album, 21st Century Breakdown, is like a story. The album has three acts, but just from song names I can't tell what the story is supposed to be. I'm also really bad at finding leaked music so all I've heard from their new CD is "Know Your Enemy", and it's only a 90 second clip. Green Day honestly has gone down down down downhill since their older albums. I mean, I still love them because I have always been a huge Green Day fan. In eighth grade I went to their concert at the Bank Atlantic Center and my friend and I were at general admission and it was my first real concert that wasn't the Dixie Chicks or Toby Keith. Green Day's old albums like Insomniac, Nimrod, and Warning are my favorites. American Idiot was such a change from their old sound and so is 21st Century Breakdown from the sound of it. Here is the new track listing for 21st Century Breakdown :

1. Song of the Century

ACT 1 - HEROES AND CONS

2. 21st Century Breakdown
3. Know Your Enemy
4. !Viva La Gloria!
5. Before the Lobotomy
6. Christian's Inferno
7. Last Night on Earth

ACT 2 - CHARLATANS AND SAINTS

8. East Jesus Nowhere
9. Peacemaker
10. Last of the American Girls
11. Murder City
12. ?Viva La Gloria? (Little Girl)
13. Restless Heart Syndrome

ACT 3 - HORSESHOES AND HANDGRENADES

14. Horseshoes and Handgrenades
15. The Static Age
16. 21 Guns
17. American Eulogy
A. Mass Hysteria
B. Modern World
18. See The Light

4 comments:

  1. Thank God someone actually agrees with my views. Everyone thinks that their new album is good but from what I've heard they have not improved one bit since American Idiot which was the most horrible album done in history ever since the release of Vanilla Ice's albums which as we all know where horrible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I'm also really bad at finding leaked music so all I've heard from their new CD is "Know Your Enemy", and it's only a 90 second clip." Finding leaked music is my speciality.

    http://www.strikegently.com/
    If you click on the 'complete leak' link at the top and then scroll down a couple of posts, you should see the Green Day post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kaley, I remember in 8th grade how obsessed you were with Green Day. I just remember you learning "When September Ends" on guitar and you were so excited. Anyway I am happy that Green Day is coming out with a new CD. I really do like them and although their newer music does not compare to some of their older stuff they are still one of the best bands of or generation. This being said I heard the song "Know Your Enemy" on the way home from school yesterday and I was very unimpressed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I personally love Greenday. I think they have a beautiful unique tone. It makes you just want to dance around the house in your robe. Im so excited that they are back and there is gonna be more dance music soon. Good luck Greenday.

    ReplyDelete