Wednesday, May 13, 2009

If It Means A Lot To You

Okay, some songs are actually REALLY difficult to find meaning. Not as much meaning as words that are words in the American Sign Language dictionary that will all come together and fit to make sense. My individual song for my project is "If It Means A Lot To You" by A Day to Remember. It is probably the HARDEST song I could choose to do. For one, the song is a duet, so I have to be two different people when I sign. Second, they sing "la la la la" a lot. Because signing something repetitively doesn't look good, I need to find meaning to la la la. Also, finding the meaning of that song is hard in general. It sounds like two different things to me. Either the singer is going on tour and is leaving his girlfriend blah blah blah. Or that he is going into the military and is leaving his girlfriend blah blah blah. The lyrics are below along with the song, is there anyone else's interpretation of this song?

2 comments:

  1. Sierra Kusterbeck of VersaEmerge is absolutely amazing. Her voice, along with Jeremy's make the song. I think I'm going to have to agree with the whole "singer is going on tour and is leaving his girlfriend blah blah blah" theory. To begin with, I mean the album is called Homesick and one of the main things behind this album is the fact that they returned home to record it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the songs about goin into the military hints the part i cant come home to there singing la la la and i have to do this song for my asl class to and its pissing me off because its so hard,

    ReplyDelete